GLOBAL STATISTICAL UPDATE – XBMA Quarterly Review for Second Quarter 2017
- Global M&A volume in Q2 was ~US$823 billion, ~6% higher than Q1.
- European M&A continued its strong trend in Q2, accounting for ~30% of deal volume, up substantially from prior years.
- Aggregate inbound M&A volume into all BRIC countries reached nearly US$33 billion, marking the strongest Q2 in recent years, contributing to the strongest H1 in recent years, and more than doubling from H1 2016.
- The Real Estate sector had the strongest Q2, with US$131 billion in total deal volume, posting its strongest quarter of the last four quarters, and jumping 90% relative to Q1.
- The Industrials sector accounted for the most cross-border M&A volume in Q2, at almost US$75 billion and accounting for nearly 25% of all cross-border deal activity in Q2.
Click here to see the Review.